Looking for a healthy alternative to processed nuggets? You’ve found it. These crispy, homemade nuggets are a simple way to sneak in those extra veggies at any meal and a perfect finger food the whole family will love.
1 head of cauliflower (about 6 cups)
4 cups broccoli florets
1 cup shredded carrots
2 cups part skim mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup skim milk
1 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a food processor, chop broccoli, cauliflower and carrots until fine. Mix vegetables together.
- Add the milk and mozzarella cheese until thoroughly mixed.
- Spray a cookie sheet generously with cooking spray.
- With your hands, shape mixture into a nugget form.
- Dip each nugget into bread crumbs and place on the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, turning each nugget half way through.
Enjoy with a dipping sauce of choice.
Nutrition information (per serving)
Makes 12 servings
Total fat: 4.4 g
Saturated fat: 2.4 g
Protein: 7.4 g
Carbohydrate: 8.5 g
Dietary fiber: 2.6 g
Sugar: 1.2 g
Cholesterol: 13.5 mg
Sodium: 207 mg
Potassium: 303 mg
— Recipe provided by Cleveland Clinic Children’s dietitians.